6 Stages of Subconscious Mind Programming Cycle
The mind is classified into two parts.
Firstly, the Conscious Mind, it involves all of the things that you are currently aware of and thinking about. It is somewhat akin to short-term memory and is limited in terms of capacity. Your awareness of yourself and the world around you are part of your consciousness. Like the reading book, writing, or any other behavior that you do by your conscious choice.
Secondly, the Subconscious Mind, it is the part of our minds that makes decisions without our needing to actively think about them. The subconscious mind performs all that activity which are not under your conscious control. For example, your daily routine habits such as the movement of brushing teeth, wearing the socks of the same legs first, some hand movement gestures, blinking of eyes, which are not under your conscious control.
What is the Subconscious Programming Cycle?
The working of the subconscious mind is not the effect of the sudden cause of the incident, it the result of years of programming by your environment, your society, friends, parents. It’s programmed by everyone with whom you are connected. Unfortunately, knowingly or unknowingly, without your choice or awareness your subconscious mind has been programmed. The subconscious mind controls 90% of your behavior or action.
It will not be wrong to say whatever your current choices are, unfortunately is not yours, it is by the people you are surrounded with.
Lets find out how the subconscious mind works does and how you can reprogram it the way you want.
1. Thoughts: They are the mental process, our ideas, opinions about ourselves, and the world. It is our perspective through which we experience the world. Our education system, society in which we live nurtures our thoughts.
Example: Let assume you have recently started your own YouTube channel, someone made a negative comment that you should quit YouTube, you are not confident, you don’t make good content. So, here incoming thoughts, you say to yourself “Oh I am not a great YouTube”.
2. Emotions: They are a strong feeling deriving from one’s circumstances.
Now, your thought of ” Oh I am not a great Youtuber” is incoming thoughts that depend on the external factor and you keep on repeating it in your mind. Which get adds up with the emotion of ‘insecurity‘.
3. Belief: Belief is the attitude that something is the truth.
Now a thought with a mixture of emotion becomes the truth for your subconscious mind. Still, it is not an extremely strong belief, it needs to be convicted. It has still room for the change.
4. RAS: It is the ‘Reticular Activating System’. It acts as a gatekeeper from conscious to your subconscious mind. It is a network of neurons located in the brain.
This is a system gets activated after a belief and it looks for further confirmation.
5. Confirmation: So due to the RAS, your mind will look for more such negative comments. Once it finds more comments related to what’s it looking for, it becomes confirmation.
6. Conviction: It is transformation of thought into a strong belief. So, your negativity about yourself becomes conviction. Your thoughts becomes strong conviction in your subconscious mind as long as this cycle is repeated again and again.
So, Now that we got an idea about how does our subconscious mind works. We have to reprogram our mind, by accepting the thoughts we want. We need to filter out thoughts. The conscious mind is like a gate, it can differentiate between good and bad thought, whereas the subconscious mind has no right to judge, it just accepts any thought be it positive or negative. We can reprogram our Mind through the same 6 stages but we need to let Only the positive words or thoughts go into our Mind, which in the process will become a strong conviction in our subconscious mind.